These impossible-to-resist fudge-like treats are a staple at Brazilian birthday parties. They're very easy - and fun - to make, albeit sticky. You'll need mini cupcake liners to hold the candies. Kids especially like rolling the candies in different toppings.
What Kids Can Do:
* Roll candies into balls.
* Roll candies in toppings.
* Arrange candies on a platter.
Chocolate or colored sprinkles
1. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or 8-inch square pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate sauce, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture achieves a rolling boil and is thickened, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into prepared pan, and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
3. Pour oil into a small bowl, dip your fingers in it, and rub over your hands, or rub your hands with butter. Pinch off small pieces of chocolate mixture and roll into 1-inch balls between your palms. Rub more oil on your hands when candy starts to stick. Roll candies in your choice of toppings, then place each candy in a mini cupcake liner on a serving plate. Refrigerate candies for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2008